Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday, May 8

Well, here we's Friday. I was really hoping to have my babies home with me on Mother's Day but the way it looks so far, that's a "no go". Jason and I have had to "regroup" the last few days and get ahold of our disappointment and realize that this disaapointment is something we can certainly muddle through. We have been through much harder situations. They just look so good and healthy and ready to be home and we are MORE than ready to have our family at home. We've waited this long, we can wait a few more days. We are just thankful that they are as healthy as they are. We certainly want to make sure they are 100% ready and do not want to push too much.

Blake lost a few grams lastnight (although it may be a difference in scales). He is feeding every 3 1/2 - 4 hours and seems to be doing better as far as volume intake is concerned. He looks great with his chubby chipmunk cheeks. His blood pressure is still a bit high so the doctors are still working on dialing the meds in just so.

Jenna is still on cannula. I'm not sure if she will be taken off of it today or tomorrow. She has been on Theophlin for a couple days now. We attended a training on the use of a home monitor for her. Since she is on Theophlin, she will be on the monitor when she comes home for a bit.

When I visited today, both ate well. I was able to spend some bonding time with them, which I always love. They haven't been seen by the doctor today yet so I am waiting to hear if there are any new orders.

No comments: