Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dad gets his turn to hold his lil angels!



Today it was my turn to hold our lil babies!
I'm not really an emotional person, and sappy moments are often time lost to me. When I was considering my turn, I though "Ya....that'll be pretty cool", but didn't really give it much thought after that.
I have to admit that is was much more than I thought it would be. After Anna & April got the twins settled in and comfy, I was able to look down at my lil sleeping beauties. They were quite cute and swaddled and resting peacefully. In a way, I felt more like a dad in that moment than I had ever felt before. It was a wonderful moment. I wish Kim could have been there to share it with me. Alas, she was stuck in traffic. :(
Jenna slept peacefully the entire time; she barely moved at all. Blake on the other hand was not very comfortable in that position. Every now and again, he would wiggle around, put hands to his face and make his lil "eeeehhhhhh" noise that signals he's not really happy. They really prefer being on their tummy's vs. their backs.
Even though Jenna slept the entire time, she was either Way too comfortable, or got tired of that position because she started d-sating (her O2 saturation dropped) too much, so she had to go back in her issolette after about 45min. So, after Jenna got settled back into her home, I asked April to put Blake back and let him get comfy as well.
It was an amazing time that I will Never forget. And I've got pics to help remind me. :)
-J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look like a very proud daddy! What a natural.